Everyone that has used Microsoft Windows has had programs crash that won't close no matter how many times you click to close the program. It is especially frustrating when it's a browser and you cannot reopen it because windows says it is already open. Here is how to fix it without having to reboot (works 99% of the time)
First try to close the program. That is the correct first step to take. If the program won't close no matter how many times you click on close, you will need to open task manager.
To open Task Manager, right click on the task bar (where there is no icon) This is by default at the bottom of the screen although some people have it on the side of the screen or even on top. Select Task Manager to open the task manager.
At the top in the task manager there are several tabs. The one on the left is applications. Click on the Applications tab. Find the application (if it is listed) and highlight it. Click on End Task. If it asks if you want to continue, select to continue.
If it still does not close, and likely it won't if it didn't close the first time, then select the processes tab. Find where it says dumpprep.exe and highlight it. Then click End Process. This will force the program to close 99% of the time. For the other 1%, you will need to reboot the computer.